Tuesday, April 21, 2009








Well its been awhile since I posted anything new. I have been very busy and haven't been able to keep up. But I was very proud of this cake. This young man was being deployed to Iraq the monday after Easter. It was an honor to make something to represent him and how much his family loved and supported him. The sheet cake was a vanilla poundcake with vanilla buttercream. The Yellow Ribbon was a white cake with vanilla buttercream. The American flag, Army patch, dog tags, and banner were made from MMF. It turned out even better than I expected. The family was very excited and I was glad they gave me the chance to make something for such a special occasion.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, Beautiful job on the cakes. This one brought tears to my eyes. What a special cake to make. I have a friend of mine needing a cake for a baby showere on Saturday the 9th. I did not know if it was too late to contact you for that. I did not have your number and could not find it on the blog. Can you give me a call or send it to my email. Thanks so much, Amber

    acmcmeans@yahoo.com 678-583-5733

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cake turned out amazing! Great job, friend!

    ReplyDelete