Tuesday, August 4, 2009












My other big accomplishment for the summer was my cousins wedding cake. My first official wedding cake and it was big. Enough to feed 225 people. The close up of the scroll work was before I put the finishing touches on the cake. All of the flowers were fresh roses. I arranged the cake and table. The cake was all vanilla with ivory vanilla buttercream. There is a fondant ribbon around each layer at the base. The 14" base and the 10" had a Whipped Chocolate Ganache filling. The 12" and 8" had a Strawberry Cream Cheese filling. The topper was a 6" with a Coconut Cream filling. They took the topper with them on the Honeymoon and I will make another for their anniversary. I learned a lot from this cake and hope to get to do more wedding cakes in the future.

1 comment: